Error Accessing Search Settings

Tuesday, 3 March 2009

I got the following error this morning, when I tried to access Search Settings in the SSP admin: "Authentication failed because the remote party has closed the transport stream."

After snooping around a bit, I found that the .Net 3.5SP1 may be the culprit. I had installed this prior to installing MOSS. I re-ran the setup, repaired and the error went away, great! But that wasn’t the end of it.

Issues began when I tried to split the Query and Indexing roles, The Propagation status (Search Admin) showed “Error” and the Event viewer started showing 6482 errors.

Thanks to Mr V’s blog post:, I managed to get it working...

As I was working in a NON SSL environment, I didn’t realise that the Office Server Web Services had its own self signed certificate, so had ignored the IIS resource kit stuff - that'll teach me to read things properly.

I followed the instructions; the only other thing I had to do is reapply the password for the Default Content Access Account in the SSP Search Settings.

Event Log – Clear!


madin said...

No name in the best aaa rolex watches uk watch world approaches the stature of Rolex. fake rolex gmt master ii Literally a synonym for quality and a household name that transcends the watch industry, Rolex is both an impeccable manufacture of segment-leading products and an article of international pop culture.

madin said...

replica men Louboutin shoes
replica men ankle boots
replica men boat shoes
replica men Louboutin derby
replica men Louboutin espadrilles
replica men Louboutin loafers
replica men Louboutin oxfords
replica men Louboutin sneakers
replica women Louboutin
replica women Louboutin boots

madin said...

Founded in 1905, Replica Oyster Perpetual SubmarinerRolex watches have been at the forefront of innovation for over a century. The Replica Watches UK first certified chronometer, the first self-winding wristwatch and the first effective water resistant case are milestones of Rolex design. Today, the Rolex brand is instantly recognizable as a symbol of prestige, luxury, and innovation across the globe. Buying a Rolex watch means you’re purchasing a piece of horological history. Here, we have an extensive catalog of exceptional used Rolex watches for sale.